Hiring copywriters can be tough. Your budget, objectives, deadlines, and the level of expertise you need from a writer all influence the decision on who to hire.
To help you make an informed decision, we think it’s helpful to be open about our pricing and process from the get go.
Here’s everything you wanted to know about our copywriting rates and process, but were probably too polite to ask.
Do you charge by the hour?
No, we don’t. We charge per project (flat fee). And every project is value-based, meaning you’re paying for the value and ROI of the finished product, not the time spent producing it.
Our rates also include the following advantages we can provide by not being a full-time member of your in-house team:
- Fast turnaround
- Expert conversion optimization experience and strategy
- Expert user experience strategy (copy can’t fix bad UX, but we can certainly make some suggestions on how copy can enhance it)
- Expert search engine optimization of all copy (for your primary and secondary keywords)
- 10+ years copywriting experience across multiple touch points (web, email, landing page, digital ads, social, app, user interface, long-form)
What’s your starting rate for projects?
Our project minimum is $2000.
Here are some starting rates for the assets we commonly produce for our clients.
- Web pages begin at $400
- Emails begin at $200 per email
- A group of digital ads (Google, Facebook; text and display) begins at $800
- Larger projects (like landing pages or multi-asset projects) begin at $1250 and will be quoted based on scope.
Pricing is always dependent on scope, taking into consideration the amount of research, word count, and additional production hours required to produce each asset.
Once we’ve chatted about your project and growth objectives, we’ll provide a quote outlining the cost of each asset, a production timeline, and the total project cost.
That’s more than I’m used to paying on Upwork. Why do your prices start there?
Clients work with us because they want high-quality, conversion-optimized copywriting from a pro who’s been in the SaaS and Fintech game for 10+ years.
You can find cheaper writers to work with on Upwork. But it’s unlikely they’ll have over a decade of copywriting, sales, and marketing experience to inform how they produce your assets, work with your team, and help you achieve your growth objectives.
From personal in-house experience with hiring and working with writers, I know that you’ll also need to invest more of your own time revising and fixing the work of inexperienced writers. So make sure you take that into consideration when you’re shopping around.
How do you work with new clients?
All new clients go through the same three-step process:
- First, tell us about your project. This helps us understand your business objectives and how we can help you achieve results.
- If it looks like we’re a good fit, we’ll reach out to schedule a 20-minute call to discuss your project in detail.
- After the call, we’ll send you a project proposal and estimate.
- Once the estimate and project details are confirmed, you’ll receive a project contract and an invoice. We can book a start date for the work in the calendar once a 50% deposit has been paid and a signed project contract has been received.
What can I expect while you’re working on my project?
Every three days we’ll email you with an update, outlining:
- What’s been delivered
- The status of any ongoing work (what’s in progress; expected completion deadlines)
- Requests for any edits or info we need from you to keep things moving
These check-ins are our way of giving you complete, transparent insight into your project. You’ll never feel like you’re being kept in the dark.
If we finish a project early, you’ll receive the assets as soon as they’re ready.
Once all copy has been delivered, we’ll send over the invoice for the remaining balance and ask you to complete a five-question exit survey.
1. Can I pay via credit card or wire transfer?
Absolutely. Both options work. To cover pesky bank fees, a 3% surcharge us added to all credit card payments. A $25 fee is added to wire transfers.
2. How many rounds of edits do I get?
Every project includes one round of edits (per asset). If you need additional edits after the first round, we charge a discounted hourly rate for additional work.
3. How soon can you start?
We request a minimum three week lead-time for new projects. Generally we have openings for new clients each month which tend to fill up quickly. The sooner we can start the conversation, the better.
If you need our help RIGHT NOW, we can move you to the top of the queue; a 20% priority fee will be added to your invoice.
Ready to work together?
We’ll reach out in 1 business day to discuss next steps.