Yep. You read that right.
Each month I donate a chunk of my time and skills to a business in need.
This offer is available to solopreneurs and startups who are making life better for their clients, but who can’t yet afford the services of a professional copywriter.
I have the capacity to work with one “pro bono” client each month. Any eligible business is welcome to apply.
Here are the details, terms, and instructions on how to submit an application for consideration.
Who are you and why are you doing this?
Thanks for asking! I’m Cameron, the conversion copywriter behind Damn Good Writers.
“Conversion copywriter” is just a fancy way to say “I use words to help companies generate growth and revenue.”
I offer my services for free to select businesses because I think it’s important to give back in life.
If me helping you means that you can then help even more people, it’s a win-win-win situation in my opinion.
So, what’s on offer?
A three-hour copywriting package to help you tackle your biggest copywriting challenge.
The package includes:
- 1 hour call with me to discuss your objectives and roadmap a solution to your biggest copy or growth challenge
- 2 hours of conversion copywriting support (drafting, writing, strategy—whatever you most need)
Bare minimum, you’ll get a list of action items which you can use to upgrade your messaging. We may also have time to draft some copy, which you can use to test against your current assets.
What can you use my help for?
You can choose to focus our time together on anything you want, but you’ll get the most out of this if you hone in on something specific.
So, rather than say “Get me more customers!” it’s better to ask: “How can I get more people to buy X?” or “How can I get more of my blog subscribers to become paying customers?”
Here are some ideas:
- Brainstorm messaging for your next launch or campaign
- Upgrade a set of your digital ads
- Brainstorm a B version to A/B test a current email sequence
- Brainstorm messaging for an announcement email
- Come up with ideas to fix a landing page that’s underperforming
Who’s eligible to apply?
Businesses who fit this bill are welcome to apply:
- Your business actively makes your clients’ lives better (e.g. Do you offer a service or product that improves your clients’ experience? It’s a fit! Do you sell junk products that are going to end up in landfill? This package is not for you.)
- Your business is 1-3 years post launch with an annual gross revenue less than $50,000.
What are the terms?
- We select one free client to work with each month.
- Once our three hours are up, you’ll need to take what we’ve developed and run with it on your own. Don’t worry, you’ll have a list of actionable next steps to help you along the way.
- This is a one-time offer only (meaning you won’t be eligible for another pro bono package after we’ve worked together in this way).
- Applying more than once will not increase your chances of being selected.
- You’ll need to prove your eligibility to be accepted.
Ready to apply?
Awesome! Hit that big fat button and fill out the application form.