Yep. You read that right.
Every month I donate a chunk of my time and my conversion copywriting skills to a business in need.
This offer is available to solopreneurs and organizations who are doing good in the world, but who can’t yet afford the services of a professional copywriter.
I have the capacity to work with one “pro bono” client each month. Any eligible business is welcome to apply.
Here are the details, terms, and instructions on how to submit an application for consideration.
Who are you and why are you doing this?
Thanks for asking! I’m Cameron, the guy behind Damn Good Writers.
“Conversion copywriter” is just a fancy way to say “I use words to help companies generate growth and revenue.”
I offer my services for free to select businesses because I think it’s important to give back, in life and in business.
If me helping you means you can then help even more people, it’s a win-win-win situation in my opinion.
So, what’s on offer?
A three-hour copywriting package to help you tackle your biggest copywriting challenge.
The package includes:
- 1 hour call with me to discuss your objectives and roadmap a solution to your biggest copy or growth challenge
- 2 hours of conversion copywriting support (drafting, writing, strategy—whatever you most need)
Bare minimum, you’ll walk away from our time together with a list of action items. You can use these to strategically upgrade your messaging and help your business grow.
We may also have time to draft some copy, which you can use to test against your current assets.
What can you use my help for?
You can choose to focus our time together on anything you want, but you’ll get the most out of this if you hone in on something specific.
So, rather than say “Get me more customers!” it’s better to ask: “How can I get more people to buy X?” or “How can I get more of my blog subscribers to become paying customers?”
Here are some ideas:
- Brainstorm messaging for your next launch or campaign
- Upgrade a set of your digital ads
- Brainstorm a B version to A/B test a curent email sequence
- Brainstorm messaging for an announcement email
- Come up with ideas to fix a landing page that’s underperforming
Who’s eligible to apply?
Businesses who fit this bill are welcome to apply:
- Your business is focused on improving other people’s wellbeing in some way.
- You’re one year post-launch and your annual revenue is less than $15,000 USD.
What are the terms?
- I select one free client to work with each month.
- Once the three hours are up, you’ll need to take what we’ve developed and run with it on your own. Don’t worry, you’ll have a list of actionable next steps to help you along the way.
- This is a one-time offer only (meaning you won’t be eligible for another pro bono package after we’ve worked together in this way).
- Applying more than once will not increase your chances of being selected.
- You’ll need to prove your eligibility to be accepted.
Ready to apply?
If your business fits the application criteria and you could use my help, apply here.
Know someone who might benefit from this service? Thanks for sharing this offer with them, and your network! 🕺